Linguaphone English Complete is a suitable course for anyone who wants to learn English for the purpose of real-life communication. It is very easy to follow and geared to help the student progress rapidly. Even if the student has no previous knowledge of English, the course uses illustrations and diagrams to introduce basic English vocabulary and then develops their understanding of this global language.
Included in the course is a special recording of the sounds of the language, which enables students to master the correct pronunciation.
The textbook supplied with the course is richly illustrated with small pictures and sketches depicting the meaning of the text, so as to help you associate what you hear on the CDs with the pictures in the book. For example, you hear the word “man” and you see a picture of a man; you hear the word woman and you see a picture of a woman; the sound and the picture form a link in your mind and you begin to think in the foreign language. Explanations and instructions are provided
- 8 audio language CDs containing sounds section , lessons, spoken exercises and lots of supplementary material ( USB is also available as alternative to CDs. Make a request at the Checkout). Also, listen to this course online with a Free Subscription to our e-learning system ( included with your purchase). Listen on any device with internet connection e.g. phone, tablet, computer etc.
- A 160 page handbook (translated into your language) which provides step-by step lesson plans, full grammatical explanations and fun activities.
- A 254 page textbook – contains the printed and illustrated transcription of the CD / Online recordings.
- A 156 page Written Exercise book – for practising writing using the language taught in each lesson.
- A 116 page Oral Exercise book – with spoken exercises to improve your accent and pronunciation.
Worldwide delivery available. See shipping charges at Checkout.
We understand that buying a Linguaphone course is an investment in learning your target language. For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day Money Back Guarantee. This Guarantee allows you to order the course and trial it for 21 days. It allows you to start studying your language and gives you enough time to try out the course and decide whether it is for you. In the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course or find it to be unsuitable you can return it to us. You don’t even need to give a reason. All we ask is that you return it to us in good condition.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee is another reason why we have over 7 million satisfied customers worldwide. Linguaphone has an unrivalled reputation for producing only the highest quality language courses and offering industry leading standards of customer service.
The Linguaphone method is based on two simple principles:
- You learn faster when you enjoy what you are doing.
- You make progress if the sort of language you learn is useful and presented in a believable, familiar context.
Speaking a new language is an active skill – something you learn by doing, not just studying. This is the practical approach taken by Linguaphone to language learning. You will start to speak during the very first lesson. The course begins simply, building your confidence session by session. Soon after, longer sentences are introduced to enable the expression of more detailed and complex thoughts. But the course always concentrates on useful, authentic everyday words and situations. The result is that, after completing a Linguaphone course, you will have a thorough understanding of the target language and be able to converse with and understand real people speaking the language.
The study sequence, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND and SPEAK, used in Linguaphone courses is fundamental to the Linguaphone method of learning.
Listening to native speakers is the most relaxing and involved way to learn, helping you associate the sounds you hear with the words and sentences you read. The native speakers in this course begin by speaking slowly (but without distorting the intonation of the language) and, as the course progresses, speak at normal speed.
By listening and reading the language, you begin to discover what each word means. Everyday objects have exciting new names. Gradually words, then phrases, become clear and your reading, writing and speaking of the language will improve.
Many people find that speaking their new language is the hardest part. But Linguaphone’s method makes sure that you start speaking from the very first lesson with the correct pronunciation. Imitating the voices of the native speakers on the course will help you get used to the intonation and accent. Later on in the course, you will have the opportunity to take part in conversations. Each lesson introduces new themes featuring useful words and phrases thus developing your conversational skills and confidence.