Linguaphone Dutch Complete is a suitable course for anyone who wants to learn Dutch for the purpose of real-life communication, whatever their special interests may be. Don’t worry if you haven’t been studying for some time. It’s very easy to follow and geared to help you progress rapidly. There’s no pressure here. You’ll learn at your own pace and in your own time. English instructions are provided throughout the course so it’s a bit like having your own personal tutor helping you to learn Dutch at home.
- Choice of 1GB USB or 8 audio language CDs. These contain the sounds section , lessons, spoken exercises and lots of supplementary material. An online subscription is also included in your purchase. By logging-in, you can access your Dutch course audio anywhere in the world and play the audio tracks on any internet enabled device such as computer, smartphone or tablet.
- A 318 page Handbook which provides step-by step lesson plans, full grammatical explanations and fun activities.
- A 320 page Textbook – contains the printed and illustrated transcription of the CD Recordings.
- A 176 page Supplementary Exercises guide which ensures you are able to test your progress throughout the course.
- A Study guide – contains full instructions on how to plan your study to get the most out of your course.
The course is divided into separate levels. There is a revision scheme and regular self assessment tests to ensure you retain the new language as you progress through the course. After only a couple of weeks you’ll be surprised at just how much you’ve learnt. Although it’s possible to complete the course within 12 weeks, with Linguaphone you can study in your own time and at your own pace.
It’s an enjoyable, yet highly effective way of learning Dutch.
We understand that buying a Linguaphone course is an investment in learning your target language. For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day Money Back Guarantee. This Guarantee allows you to order the course and trial it for 21 days. It allows you to start studying your language and gives you enough time to try out the course and decide whether it is for you. In the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course or find it to be unsuitable you can return it to us. You don’t even need to give a reason. All we ask is that you return it to us in good condition.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee is another reason why we have over 7 million satisfied customers worldwide. Linguaphone has an unrivalled reputation for producing only the highest quality language courses and offering industry leading standards of customer service.
The Linguaphone method is based on two simple principles:
- You learn faster when you enjoy what you are doing.
- You make progress if the sort of language you learn is useful and presented in a believable, familiar context.
Speaking a new language is an active skill – something you learn by doing, not just studying. This is the practical approach taken by Linguaphone to language learning. You will start to speak during the very first lesson. The course begins simply, building your confidence session by session. Soon after, longer sentences are introduced to enable the expression of more detailed and complex thoughts. But the course always concentrates on useful, authentic everyday words and situations. The result is that, after completing a Linguaphone course, you will have a thorough understanding of the target language and be able to converse with and understand real people speaking the language.
The study sequence, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND and SPEAK, used in Linguaphone courses is fundamental to the Linguaphone method of learning.
Listening to native speakers is the most relaxing and involved way to learn, helping you associate the sounds you hear with the words and sentences you read. The native speakers in this course begin by speaking slowly (but without distorting the intonation of the language) and, as the course progresses, speak at normal speed.
By listening and reading the language, you begin to discover what each word means. Everyday objects have exciting new names. Gradually words, then phrases, become clear and your reading, writing and speaking of the language will improve.
Many people find that speaking their new language is the hardest part. But Linguaphone’s method makes sure that you start speaking from the very first lesson with the correct pronunciation. Imitating the voices of the native speakers on the course will help you get used to the intonation and accent. Later on in the course, you will have the opportunity to take part in conversations. Each lesson introduces new themes featuring useful words and phrases thus developing your conversational skills and confidence.